We’re Changing Lives.
During the past year;
- 1170 high school students and faculty heard one of 5 presentations from “Minding Your Mind” across 4 locations. The AEVIDUM message is “I’ve got your back”. This is a powerful session that helps students to talk about their needs.
- 51 students served on AEVIDUM student leadership teams. The students were actively involved promoting AEVIDUM in the school.
- 100% participation from the students and faculty of the Lancaster County Career and Technology Center’s in Willow Street and Brownstown Campuses in learning and using the 5-finger pledge from changedirection.org. – students had to learn the 5 signs of suffering.
- 600 students and faculty participated in a Wellness Fair which included an Aevidum table manned by a student leadership team.
- 100% of the programs at the Lancaster County CTC received information on the suicide hotline and the 5 signs of suffering posters for their classrooms – exposing 1476 students to the message. Additional posters were placed throughout the buildings including the lunch room, bus docks, school counseling office, etc.
- The faculty and staff (300 plus) of the Lancaster County Career and Technology Center’s participated in “Mental Health First Aid.” The training is designed to help identify and respond to “students in need.”
- 15 students received direct financial assistance, treatment, counseling during and off school hours, and help with program costs assistance from Ryan Brubaker Foundation grants. The needed mental health expenses are a result of addiction, mental health and homelessness, and lack of insurance.
- One student received a Ryan Brubaker Foundation Scholarship for persevering and going above and beyond despite challenging medical issues.
- WellSpan Philhaven and Warwick School District, with the assistance of funds from the Ryan Brubaker Foundation, responded to Behavioral Healthcare needs of students. WellSpan Philhaven began providing Outpatient School Based therapy at the High School November 5, 2018.
If you or someone you know is in need of assistance, please fill out this form.
A representative will be in contact with you.